Sicilian Whole Orange Cake
Makes 8 -10 serves
For the cake:
250g caster sugar
275g plain flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
100g butter, softened
110g Greek yogurt
1 large orange, pureed
For the glaze:
Juice of 1 large orange
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, butter and line a 20cm springform pan with baking paper.
2. Place eggs and caster sugar in a stand mixer bowl, beat on medium to high until light and fluffy.
3. Shift the flour with the baking powder, add the flour mixture to the bowl a little at a time along with the softened butter, continue to mix until completely blended, then stir in the yogurt.
4. Add the orange puree to the cake mixture and stir until combined, pour the batter into prepared tin.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, allow to cool for 15 minutes before adding the glaze.
6. To make the glaze, melt the sugar and orange juice together in a saucepan, allow to simmer for a few minutes until the liquid has a syrupy consisitency, spoon the glaze on top of the cake and allow to cool completely before serving.
Enquire about Sicilian Whole Orange Cake...
One of our friendly staff members will contact you shortly to discuss your enquiry.